Tuesday, November 23, 2010

World Between Me News




 True Facts about Light

Hey you all, I am so glad to see you here. Well then, let's go back to the post. Here, you will find that I was really inspired by "light" lately. Sounds ridiculous, I know. But I had a dream last night. I dreamed that I was studying light in a Physics class ( which I used to take when I was in college). But then my Professor asked me a question about light, and how does it react to objects... I went totally blank. Thanks to all this. it was just a dream. 
But this just made me think- why not make a post on my blog?? So here you go.... my dream...:)




 What is Light?  
Light is a form of energy, called Electromagnetic Radiation. Light travels very fast (around 300,000 km/s) and goes straight. Light rays travel only straight lines, but they can be bend by a proper material.

How does Light bend?
The bending of light is called Refraction. Refraction occurs when light travels from one medium to another, e.g from air to water. When light enters another medium, its speed changes due to difference in density.

Why does light have so many different colours?
There are different colours of light because they are light waves which have different wavelengths. Red light has the longest wavelength while violet light has the shortest wavelength



What are the Primary colours?
Red, green and blue would be the  primary colours of light. Mixing and experimenting with those colours will create a range of many other colours, including white.

What makes a rainbow?
When sunlight is intercepted by a drop of water in the atmosphere, some of the light refracts into the drop, reflects from the drop's inner surface, and then refracts out of the drop. The first refraction separates the sunlight into its component colours, and the second refraction increases the separation. The result is a rainbow.




How to control Light?
Light can be controlled by 3 ways: Blocking, Bending and Reflecting.
Blocking- blocking a light will create a shadow
Reflecting - reflecting light with a mirror to change its way.
Bending- also called refraction- going from one medium to another.

No comments: