Mummy- Scary or Sweet??
There are very very interesting things about those dudes. Some say they are scary, any many kids choose their look on Halloween. But is the look or the thought that makes the mummy more.... sweet?? Check out why:
- 1. A Mummy is a term used to describe a person who after death had Mummification.
- Mummification happened only for people who could afford to pay for the expensive process of preserving their bodies for the afterlife.
- The Egyptians believed that when they died, they would make a journey to another world where they would lead a new life.
How were mummies made?
It took a very long time, from start to finish, it took about 70 days to embalm a body. The priest in charge would wear the mask of a jackal representing the god Anubis.
2. Organs were removed. Only the heart remained.
3. The body was filled with stuffing.
4. The body was dried by covering it with a substance called natron*. This substance absorbed all the moisture from the body.
5. After 40 - 50 days the stuffing was removed and replaced with linen or sawdust.
6. The body was wrapped in strands of linen and covered in a sheet called a shroud.
7. The body was placed in a stone coffin called a sarcophagus.
The reason why Egyptians left the heart was because they thought it was the centre of intelligence and emotion. It would be only organ that they would need in their next life.
Along with the mummies, their belongings were buried with them and the tomb walls were painted with scenes from the dead persons life. The objects included furniture, games and even food was placed in the tombs for the long After Life journey. Wow.
If you are interested in paying some cool Mummy games check out MY website Here on NicolaFashionGames