What made Einstein an "Einstein" ?
There are few things that you may or may nor know about this genius, Albert Einstein. I hav read few articles and combined one of the most interesting facts about Einstein:
1. Einstein wasn't present in December 1922 to receive the Nobel prize in physics in America. Instead he was on a voyage to Japan.
2. Albert had early speech difficulties, and yet he was a top student in elementary school.
3. Einstein's interest began when his father showed him a pocket compass. As he was looking at it, he questioned himself : what causes the needle in the compass to move? This question led him to what he became!!
4. Einstein's father intended for him to pursue electrical engineering, but he clashed with authorities and resented the school's regimen and teaching method. Einstein later wrote that the spirit of learning and creative thought were lost in strict rote learning.
5. Einstein applied directly to the Eidgenössische Polytechnische Schule (ETH) in Zurich, Switzerland. Lacking the requisite Matura certificate, he took an entrance examination, which he failed.
6. Albert Einstein was once offered the presidency of Israel. He declined saying he had no head for problems.
7. When Albert Einstein died, his final words are unknown. The nurse that took care of him heard him saying few words, but did not understand German!!
8. After Albert died, the pathologist of Princeton Hospital, Thomas Stoltz Harvey, without the permission of his family, removed Einstein's brain for preservation, , in hope that the neuroscience of the future would be able to discover what made Einstein so intelligent!!
So there you have it. I can't believe this guy had math problems in his earlier life. Amazing how powerful he became later... anyway,, I hope you enjoyed it. Cheers from Ireland!