666- a Devil number or just a Myth?
I think we all saw "The Omen" movie, in which a small boy had a birth mark on his head. It was the number 666. But what does it mean? Why do people think of it as a Devil's number?
When I saw "The Omen" I just knew that many people said the number 666 to be unlucky. I didn't think of it as unlucky, as I was born on the 6th, my favourite number is 6, and I met my true love on the 6th!! There you have, three sixes. So either I'm the granddaughter of the little boy from the movie, or this is just a myth.:) Check out what I found when I googled the number 666:
I have written down the most recognized reasons:
*In the New Testament, The Book of Revelation assets the number 666 to be "the number of a man", which is associated with "the beast".
*This beast is an antagonistic creature that appears briefly about 2/3rds into the apocalyptic vision.
* In today's world, the 666 has become one of the most widely recognized symbols for Antichrist.
*.It is not uncommon to see the symbolic role of the integer 666 transferred to the digit sequence 6-6-6. *Some people take the Satanic associations of 666 so seriously that they actively avoid things related to 666 or the digits 6-6-6. This is known as hexakosioihexekontahexaphobia.
* In the Bible, the number 666 is the number of Adokinam's descendants who return to Jerusalem and Judah from the Babylonian exile.
* The number 666 is a frequent visual element of Aryan Brotherhood tattoos.
* 666 is the sum of the first 36 natural numbers. So, if we add the first 36 numbers ( 1+ 2+3+....+36= 666)
* the number 36 is a a square and a triangular number
* 666 is a member of the indices of prime Pandovan numbers: 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 14, 19, 30, 37, 84, 128, 469, 666, 1262, 1573, 2003, 2210, ...
* 666 is the sum of the squares of the first 7 prime numbers: 4+9+25+49+121+169+289=666.
* The number of prime numbers up to 666 is 121, the square of the number of prime numbers up to 36.
So there you have it. Not much devil as in " always the number happens when something bad happens" kinda thing:)